29 January 2007

Things we learned in Hong Kong*

*Please see the other half of this list on yimfay's blog



1. Beware of Stairs
3. Skinny girls have jiggly legs.
5. Puffy pantaloon shorts are in (the ones made from jeans are extra gross).
7. Guys in HK like/have "messy" hair.
9. KFC is everywhere...seriously, everywhere!
11. When entering the subway you walk on the left (cars drive on the left too).
13. There are glass wall barriers in the subway so that no one will fall in the gap (phew!)
15. You'd better know how to use chopsticks...or else.
17. Toothpicks are everywhere...and are used after every meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hong Kong, eh? I used to live there, you know! I remember the toothpicks, and the spitting (you didn't mention the spitting, I see!) but not the glass on the subway. That wasn't there in my day, I believe. I do recall that the underground train was known as the MTR, for Mass Transit Railway no doubt; on those few occasions when the cars weren't packed full we used to amuse ourselves by repeating "Empty MTR" over and over again. You can see the appeal, I'm sure.