01 August 2006

Coup de Boule

So I read an article on the BBC online today that was talking about this song that has been sweeping France. It's called "Coup de Boule" or Headbutt, and it's by La Plage. Apparently the recording company, La Plage, made up this song as a joke right after Zidane headbutted the Italian and then proceeded to help lose the game because he didn't play. This little joke of a song, though, became a huge success and now is played on all the radio stations and all the beaches :-)

After reading this article I, of course, became quite curious to hear the song for myself. I found it online...and I have to say, for any of you who understands French, you must check out the music video at the link below (click on the link for "clip de Coup de Boule)...too funny! And even if you don't understand French I think you'd still find it funny. Enjoy!

  • La Plage Records
  • 4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    OK, Oonams. I found you something to add to your collection:
    http://www.addictinggames.com/zidaneheadbuttgame.html
    Pretty funny! I just read that he might get tapped for the exec board in some big company. Life is tough!
    JPL

    Anonymous said...

    I looked it up, the company is Danone!

    oonams said...

    that is so bad...and yet very addicting! Thanks Seaweed Sally!

    Anonymous said...

    very funny stuff oonams. Dan kept yelling down the stairs, "What are you laughing at????"