18 June 2007

Solstice Party


Summer solstice is fast approaching this week (although you wouldn't be able to guess that summer was on it's way based on the weather in Seattle). Fremont hosted it's celebration of summer this past weekend with the Fremont Solstice Parade and Fair. I also hosted my own celebration...a pre-parade/birthday breakfast party for Ali. It was a lot of fun with crepes and mask making. I've included some examples of the wonderful works of art that were created and then worn down to the parade. We lucked out weather wise that day because it didn't rain, and in fact the sun came out for most of the parade! I guess it helped that the parade was shorter this year...and there were no steel drums :( in fact the music overall was lacking in funk and good beats...except for a great rock band float, they were pretty good. Well, enjoy the masks...i'll try to post some pics of the parade soon...but look for them on the other blog I contribute to: aimless wanderings cubed.

Also, I cannot forget to thank Naomi for these pics...she did an awesome job documenting our crazy masks :-)



1 comment:

Wunderhund said...

OOoohhh... Nice pictures!