24 September 2007

Oktoberfest 2007

Fremont held it's Oktoberfest this past weekend, and of course I had to go and check out the Texas Chainsaw Pumpkin Carving Contest. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well on Saturday, so I only went on Sunday...but it was still excellent and a ton of fun. And of course I took some pictures of flying pumpkin guts to share with you all. Please enjoy:


Here was the first contestant...his pumpkin was pretty good, my second favorite of the group.


Then there was the flying viking. Got a pretty good shot of spraying pumpkin guts on this one.


This guy wasn't too bad, although I enjoyed his lumberjack outfit better than the carving. It would have been better if he had broken out in song, "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok..."


My favorite pumpkin of the lot...and the overall winner.


Then there was the politician, Joe Szwaja, who carved one but didn't stick around for the voting at the end...but that could have been cause he also needed more practice at carving with a chainsaw.


At the end the MC butchered a pumpkin just for the fun of it and to try to get the kids in the front row just a little bit more pumpkin covered. And speaking of the MC...in all my pictures I got some really funny expressions...and couldn't help myself:

No comments: