16 January 2007

more snow



Woke up to a winter wonderland in my neighborhood this morning. We got more snow early this morning, but the surprise part is that Fremont got about two or three inches! Normally I don't get any snow at my house, when the rest of the city gets a couple of inches Fremont and Ballard get just a dusting since we're right at sea level. Although, apparently my house is up a bit higher than Ballard cause as I walked in to work this morning there was less and less snow the closer I got to the studio. Took some pictures on my way in...while there wasn't a lot of accumulation, the dinosaur and flamingos at Archie McPhee's were looking a bit chilled with their blanket of white. And while this latest snow fall is nothing compared to the storm hitting the east, it's still a lot more than we usually get. But by this afternoon or evening, I'm sure all this snow will be gone. The temps are supposed to finally get back up into the 40's later today and it's supposed to rain...so bye bye snow!

3 comments:

yimfay said...

I bet the flamingos are in a state of shock!

Anonymous said...

No fair! it finally got cold here, but we haven't got any snow to speak of yet. We may be part of "the east", but all we got from that storm was rain and much wind. Poo.

oonams said...

Then we really have switched weather with you guys...usually our storms are wind and rain storms not with snow!