11 January 2007

Surprise! This one's for Dan:

Sorry for the lack of reading material on this blog. I've been super busy, then I was on vacation, then I was busy again dealing with work. And I've also just been plain lazy. But I'll do my best to be better at posting on this blog...and I'll try to get Guinness to update his blog as well for anyone that checks out his site.

Anyway, to try and motivate myself to post more often I thought I'd get some new pictures up (cause I'm sure everyone is sick of seeing the same ones for the past several months).

These were taken on a recent hike up around Tiger Mountain. It was a great hike, and a really beautiful day with blue skies and sunshine. I will admit to complaining about how much "up" there was in the hike...Josh, be sure to read the elevation gain a bit more carefully next time. ;-) But the view and the snow at the top was worth all the pain. We started the hike with the regular lush green forest of Western Washington:



But the more we climbed up the more snow started piling up. By the top this is what it was like:



And from the very top we could see the Olympic Mountains in the distant west (the really small lumps in this picture):



Plus there were the rest of the Cascades to the east, and their foothills:



This is why I love Washington, even if the current weather is pissing me off...you east coasters can really take back your weather now...please! I miss having the ability to walk around without a coat during most of the winter!

5 comments:

yimfay said...

I agree! Even though it's not as cold down here. It would be nice to be in the house without a blanket!

Pretty pictures! :D

Anonymous said...

Oof!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Oona post! Beautiful pictures, too! It makes me jealous: I wish we could hike somewhere where there was snow. Well, I suppose we could, too, if we were willing to drive a little, but we're lazy over here. Plus, updating a blog regularly takes a lot of time! :D

Anonymous said...

there's cold in them thar hills.

Anonymous said...

Yuk yuk yuk.