01 May 2007

Happy May Day!


In celebration of the first day of May I've included some pictures of Lilly of the Valley flowers to share with you all. Since I can't give all of my friends the flower itself as a celebration of May Day you'll all just have to do with looking at a picture of them. And for all of you who like to study botany I've included the image below (thanks wikipedia). I'm very sad, however, on this 1st day of May, because usually I can pick Lilly of the Valley from my garden...but apparently the plants were either accidentally dug up...the squirrel got them...or the other plants suffocated them...but we no longer can find the flowers! So sad!!! I tried to buy some new plants but so far all I've found are the stupid little miniature pink variety. booo! Oh well, I guess I'll have to look harder next year. And for those of you out there that have today off in celebration of Labor Day, enjoy!

2 comments:

yimfay said...

Hmm..lily of the valley...that's definitely a contender for some body art.

Anonymous said...

Too bad you live so far away, or I'd be happy to give you some! I got a bunch from my parents, who throw out hundreds every spring. They're like weeds over here, apparently.