02 February 2006

Leah, remember...

You're nice! and I like you! cause you're nice!

This is in response to your little break-down-blog that I just read...and since I can't reach you by phone at the moment...because you're working super hard (obviously) I just thought I'd give you a big shout-out on my blog and let you know that your pain is heard and felt, chica! And I'd like to remind you of the number one rule in life (that most of us pretty much forget about most of the time anyway):

Who cares what other people think or say!!!

So, I would like to just give you my vote for your future...and that is that you take whatever time off you need before jumping into another job...or full time business school...or whatever you choose. I took an entire summer off after college because I had no clue what to do next, nor could I really find any sort of a job. And while I ended up working for my dad, like you, the difference there was that it wasn't forced on me...there was no pressure, unlike your situation, and I went into it as a choice after considerations all around. It's important to be able to take the time, take a deep breathe, take a step back and really let your brain shut off for a little bit. You ARE allowed to take a break and recharge that brain of yours...recharge yourself. Taking the time to chill will give you a better opportunity to take the time to think about what your next step should be. But most important of all...that next step needs to be something that YOU want to do, and that will make YOU feel happy. Your parents are your parents..they always will be. However, you're an adult now and can make your own decisions. Remember..you're a big kid :-)

No comments: