06 February 2006

Not cool

The Seahawks lost the superbowl yesterday...and all I'm going to say is that the game was rigged! Stupid officials! It was nice of my non-Seattle friends to be rooting for Seattle though...and thanks Dan, although the sentiment that there's always next year doesn't quite work for us cause with the Hawks, well you never know when they will plummet back to being the worst in the league. But you never know, maybe the team has finally broken whatever terrible spell was cast on them. And JJ, although the underdogs didn't win, thanks for your support as well..it was fun getting to call you up at random parts of the game to complain and yell against the unfairness of it all ;-)

And now my interest in football has waned once again...I still don't understand the game all that well..obviously cause there were a few calls last night that I DID NOT agree with, and perhaps that's only cause I don't know all the rules...or cause the game was rigged.

At least the Olympics start on Friday so I will have something else to grab my attention and soothe the pain from Sunday's loss....I think the reason why it was so important for me, and the rest of the city, for the Hawks to win was that I had grown up with them losing ALL the time, which is probably why I never got into football, cause the home team was such a lost cause. And now, we finally made it to the Superbowl...and what happened?!?! We lost. *sigh* That win was so important to us, especially since everyone and their mother were rooting for the Steelers! Blah.

Oh well, I guess you're right Dan, there's always next year.

2 comments:

yimfay said...

now we can call each other during random times during the Olympics. 'Dude, did you see that fall?! That was brutal!' or 'Damn that French judge! What's up with her scoring?!' or 'Did you just see that?! That a-fucking-mazing!' Yeah, I can go on and on but I don't want to ruin you for when I do call ;)

Wunderhund said...

ROBBED. The 'Hawks were robbed.