11 April 2006

long time no write

It's been forever and a day since I last wrote on here, so I thought I'd finally put something up so that the St. Patricks Day cartoon will go away. Work has been crazy busy so I haven't really had the chance to take time for blogging...and speaking of work, I'd like to give a public shout-out to Alison...thanks for the talking monkey ecard..that was AWESOME!!!

OK, so let's see...what to write...what to write. Well, I guess I can do a quick recap of the last several weeks. I'll start with my bday which turned out to be an awesome celebration that lasted about two weeks. It included a great Paperboys concert at the Tripledoor, extreme ironing, dinner at Costas Opa and getting shiny blue Greek worry beads, the best birthday cards from Lisa's fourth grade class (who think I'm the desk fairy) and an awesome birthday song sung over the phone with cha cha chas (I still have that message saved on my phone, it's just too cute), going up to Vancouver for the first time ever and loving it, also including meeting some very sweet friends of Naomis who got married that weekend (this trip also included lots and lots and lots of asian food, with a three hour post-wedding chinese dinner, yum). There was a lot more, but that's all I have the energy to recollect for the moment. Basically turning 25 became a big old party that didn't want to end :-) and I've stopped stressing about the white hair...it can grow as it pleases.

Since the trip to Canada work has been crazy crazy crazy so there hasn't been too much to report, except that I saw Anna Nalick at the Tractor Tavern which was a lot of fun. Most people there didn't really seem to know her music, and there was a really super drunk lady who has practically body slamming people..and who did she decide to stand (if you can call what she was doing "standing") next to? Oh yes, that would be me. But besides that it was a lot of fun.

hmm, what else...oh! Had a weird experience yesterday when walking home from work. I was waiting at a light and heard the chugging sound of an old truck also at the light. The sound immediately brought up memories of going to Maine when I was a kid with my grandparents to visit my sort of adopted grandparents. Anyway, the truck sound reminded me of the sound of the boat motor when we'd go out on the water island hopping or fishing. All of a sudden I could practically smell the Maine ocean. It was a super strong sensory memory and kind of weird...but also made me wish I was back there now, but especially with those certain grandparents/adopted grandparents who are no longer around.

One last thought..I love springing forward and the fact that there is sunshine when I walk out the door after work..even when I get out late! Makes me happy...can't wait till the weather warms up even more! Summer and all the fun that includes in Seattle will be here very soon! Can't wait!

No comments: