05 May 2006

court jester

Yes, that's right...I'm going to take a minute to join all the many others talking about Stephen Colbert's monologue at the White House Correspondents' dinner. If you have been living under a rock over the last week, here's a site that has video of the event:

  • Thank You Stephen Colbert


  • I wish I could have been there...I think it would have been vastly amusing to listen to Colbert roast Bush and the media right to their faces. To see the media squirm in their seats and laugh nervously or not at all and the watch Bush try to keep up and understand what's really being said. "Wait, is he making fun of me, or is he really praising me?" But really, what were they expecting when they invited Colbert themselves...have they never watched his show?

    Here's another link for y'all. It's to an article in the Seattle PI:

  • Why Stephen Colbert is my hero
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Oona, I'd post more on your blog if I could do it in Firefox, but for some reason my Firefox doesn't like your word verification thingy. But you should know that even when I'm too lazy to use a different browser to post, I'm still reading!

    As for the post, I hadn't heard of the speech before you wrote about it (and before Leah told me about it, and performed a dramatic reenactment of as much of it as she could remember)--thanks for pointing it out to us! My favorite part is how the media folks are saying the reason they didn't report the speech is because Colbert just wasn't funny. Hee hee.