16 May 2006

football! (not american football..the real game)

In a little less than a month the World Cup of soccer, or football as the rest of the world calls it, will begin. Then it will be one solid month of intense competition. I'm already starting to get excited...and at work Richard and I have been checking out the FIFA website for updates and looking at slide shows. I've even already found a local pub in my neighborhood where I will be able to go and watch the games. Here is the website in case any of you want to check out the teams or the game schedules:

  • FIFA World Cup


  • And I also have to post two of my favorite pictures that I nabbed from the slide show:



    This impressive looking guy is the Czech team's head coach, Karel Bruckner. Doesn't he look like some sort of warrior king getting ready for a major battle?

    And to contrast the intense Czech coach, here's another pic that is a bit more in the realm of the silly, gee...I wonder, do you think a lot of guys watch football?

    2 comments:

    yimfay said...

    he looks more like a crotchey old man to me. ;)

    Anonymous said...

    Yay for WorldCup! Another opportunity for Dan to waste entire days doing nothing but sitting around watching the sports. And I fully expect this will be lots better than NBC Presents the American Athletes of the Olympics, about which I had high hopes that were cruelly dashed. Now I just have to decide who to root for...