16 May 2006

SIFF

I bought tickets for the Seattle international Film Festival yesterday...in case anyone might be going, here are the movies I'll be seeing:

Expiration Date (already posted about this one...can't wait to see it!)
Russian Dolls (this is a sort of sequel to l'Auberge Espagnol)
Princess Raccoon (Japanese, and I guess it's a musical..we'll see)
Carmen in Khayelitsha (South African and based on an opera)
Bickford Shmeckler's Cool Ideas (this just looks silly)
Vishwa Thulasi (need to get my Indian movie fix)
No. 2 (from New Zealand)
the Valet (and I also need my French movie fix)
What Remains (documentary about the photographer Sally Mann...this one should be excellent)

Can't wait to see these movies :-) I love SIFF, but I wish that it wasn't just once a year...sigh. Or I guess I wish that we got more international movies as general releases instead of having to wait for film festivals to see them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me how the Auberge sequel is, that first one was a crackin good film.

How do you find the time for movies? My cultural exposure is limited to MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEEN on MTV.